July 1, 2020
5 Reasons a Leather Sofa May be Right for You
A leather sofa is something special. At first glance it may not seem like much more than just another piece of common furniture, but it actually goes way beyond that. It is certainly one of the most popular choices that people make for home furnishings today. This article takes a look at some of the reasons this particular piece of furniture is so popular in so many homes across the country.
- The first thing about a leather sofa that sets it above and apart from other types of sofas is its inherent durability. Leather itself is just plain tough. Whether it's cow hide, alligator, shark, or some other exotic hide, the resulting leather is simply going to last for years and years. It takes a real beating and just gets more charming as a result. The natural texture and coloration of leather lends itself to longevity because it doesn't show normal use as a defect. Rather, any occasional sign of wear just adds to the charm. This is a generalized statement and, of course, there are exceptions. Some leather is very smooth and will show blemishes. A leather sofa isn't immune to wear and tear, but it does excel what other fabric options will do.
- Perhaps the biggest reason you should consider a leather sofa for your home is for the natural warmth it offers. There is a tactile appeal with leather that is really second to none. If you have ever sat on a piece of furniture covered in leather you know what I am talking about. The smooth, soft feel is comforting and warm to the touch. There is just something about it that makes you feel like you are in the lap of luxury. Nothing scratchy, and no irritating feel.
- The craziest color leather sofa I ever saw was blue and orange. Yikes! Some happy Boise State Bronco fan I guess. Leather can be dyed almost any color, but obviously the browns, blacks and tans are the most popular. These don't clash with most interiors as much as green, blue, red, orange, or some other bright color might. When I recently recovered my leather dining chairs I got swatches of all sorts of colors to consider. It was a fun process, but in the end I ended up opting for a classic dark brown.
- A leather sofa is affordable. Beginning models are similarly priced to upholstered couches and go up from there, but they tend to last much longer. Depending on how you look at it, it could be argued that a leather sofa is actually less expensive over time than other options. You can find a basic leather love seat for under a thousand dollars. Of course, you can spend much more. A large sectional that includes love seat, sofa, and maybe a recliner or two can be thousands. From my experiences selling furniture I can say that the idea of a leather sofa is something many people are attached to, but tend to think of as too expensive. Most are pleasantly surprised when they learn the real benefit and value of leather.
- Finally, a leather sofa is pretty easy to care for. A basic wipe down with warm water is usually enough to clean up any mishaps, and if it needs a general reconditioning, leather conditioner is readily available and is easy to apply.
There haven't been any comments on this post yet.
Be the first one!
Be the first one!